Elder Jones is currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. To learn more about what a mission is, visit www.lds.org

Monday, April 13, 2015

Subject: This Is The Oldest I´ve Ever Been! (Also Week 35)

LEVEL UP!!! I´m now a level 19 Paladin! WOO!!!! (I´ve a photo about this that I´d love to send...but I think my card has a virus...the photos refuse to admit their existance in the computer.)
Nevertheless, I´m 19! I´m not sure what privileges this grants me...I´m sure I now have another attribute point or something. :D

 My favorite thing about having missionary friends is that as I write, a pile of their weekly letters suddenly appear in my inbox. It´s glorious.

So! Brought back by poppular demand, HERE IT IS...THE GLORIOUS AND MYSTIFYINGLY MKZING (whoops, I mean Elder Joneszing) WEEKLY LETTER!!! YEAH!

Well, starting with my oldest memory, this last P-Day, our Zone visited a big hole in the ground (we rolled like tourists to these National Park-type caves near our area). It was rather exquisite; we had several deep conversations (Tim, if you´re reading this, high five). I´d send photos, but...umm...yeah.
Skipping ahead to later on in the week, as we entered into an apartment to teach a first lesson, my eyes fell upon the most beautiful and glorious person I´d ever seen in my life: a Chinese man speaking Spanish, clad in a shirt that displayed both the American and British flags. HE WAS LIKE THE HUMAN MANEFESTATION OF THE UNITY OF THE NATIONS!!!!! So glorious...
 (You all were expecting something totally different when you started reading this.)

I´m not sure if you´ve seen the video (to my Parents: please put such on the blog where this emails are posted), but I had a wonderfully firey ending to the anniversary of my birth. We were downstairs from our house, in the house of the members who pranked me my first day in this area, when the son of this family challenged me to eat a little harmless red chili. (Okay, to be fair, he jokingly said, ¨Do you want one?¨, to which I pulled a YOLF (You Only Live Forever (my version of YOLO)) and ate one.)
 ...Yeah, my mouth was engulfed in flames. :D I was crying like a cracked aquarium, sweat poured from my gorgeous scalp, and my face was just a shade lighter than Rudolf´s Nose. The video you see is actually two minutes AFTER I ate the pepper, by which point I´d spewed the flaming midget vegetable corpse out of my mouth and into Outer Darkness. I nearly died.

And now, a spiritual note. In my mission, I´ve gained a strong testimony about the Gift of Tongues. I say this because I realized (after a while; it´s interesting that it´s taken me such a while to notice) that in our lessons, when the Spirit is present, my Spanish and my English seem to become one, and I can speak without difficulty (this is compared to outside of lessons, where on occasion (less now; this applies more to in the months before) I forget a point of grammar or mispronounce a word or fumble for a definition). Likewise, the fact that I was able to become fluent in a language in only six months attests to Divine Aid. The Lord does indeed give great assistance to His servants!

 Also, I´ve started reading ¨Jesus The Christ¨. It is a glorious work, and really helps you to better understand the Lord´s ministry, before His birth, during His life, and after His death. I´d recommend such to all!

Paz y amor!
-Elder Jones, Lord of Highly Concentrated Wackiness 

No comments:

Post a Comment