Elder Jones is currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. To learn more about what a mission is, visit www.lds.org

Monday, December 1, 2014

Numero 15! Much Like The New Year We're About To Break Into!

Wei wei wei, my fellow Nerdlings!

I am currently in agonizing pain! Yes, it is breathtakingly true! I've recently contracted an incredibly painful disease, which makes it difficult to walk. Though known by different names across the world, in English, it is called: The Side-Effects of Excersizing Effectivly. ;P About two days ago, I went against the pleadings of the chubs on my body, and accompanied Elder Thibault in a round of "Insanity" workouts, which were all conviniently packed together in a DVD. Now, normally I've a mixed bag of emotions with regards to Workout Videos (frankly, I've a really hard time not laughing when I watch them), but I will say one thing. They WORK. And hurt. Yeah, so here I am, two days later, with sore thighs/calves. It's a good thing my job doesn't involve walking all day, right? It's a good thing that Villa Altagracia isn't just covered in hills, right?
Note the sarcasm dripping off those last two sentences. ;D
WE PRESS FORWARD, HOWEVER! Haha!

Let's see...stories of glories...hmm...(stalling)...what to write...

Thanksgiving! My first Thanksgiving away from my family/country! However, Elder Thibault and I are no mere mortal men (we're missionaries, foo!), so utilizing our awesome dorky powers, we crafted a beautiful Thanksgiving lunch!


Most of what you see it made from scratch, with the exception of the chips, chicken, and sparkling apple cider (which we verified with the cashier about fifty times to make sure it was alcohol-free). ...Okay, so the Brownies were only about halfway homemade (we bought the mix and added peanut butter), but hey, we MADE it at HOME. That should count, right? And the Salsa...my gravy boat...SO FLIPPING GOOD! They don't have salsa in this country (or anything even remotely spicy), so I decided to defy the system and make my own! FIGHT THE SYSTEM! (That one's for you, Elder Valenzuela!)

Speaking of food, one of the most confusing things about the DR is its prime restaurant chain. They're called Pica Pollo and are catagorically chinese food...as long as your definition of "chinese" is fried-chicken and fries. ...I still don't understand. They're all chinese themed, run by chinese people, and claim to have chinese food...but are really more like KFC's with paper lanterns and random fried rice!
We'd also a beautiful lesson with the mother of a family, who shows extreme interest in our message. She's already recognized the Spirit testifying that our message is true, and agreed to, with her husband, pray to know for certain if it's true. ...I can't really put how glorious the lesson was into words! Just beautiful... ​

And a comic to spice things up! (Like my Salsa!)
Paz mis amigos!
-Elder Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment