Elder Jones is currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. To learn more about what a mission is, visit www.lds.org

Monday, November 3, 2014

Insanity Just Got Bumped Up to An 11

Greetings Nerds of all ages! The time has come for you to once again remember that weirdo who left to a foreign country for two years! WOO!!

Alright, there's a twist this time: I've not a single story regarding freaky Dominican Girls. Weird, I know, but there's not such this week. I'm so sorry. :D

Big big changes these next six weeks! The city I'm in, Villa Altagracia, normally consists of two areas, the north and the south, and because of such is shared by two sets of missionaries. This transfer (period of six weeks), the two areas are getting merged into a single baked cookie, of which Elder Thibault and I alone have to devour. In time (hopefully next transfer), two other missionaries will be sent here, the city will be divided again, and it'll be our solemn duty to teach them the ways of Villa Altagracia. ...So, even after I get a new companion, Elder Thibault and I will still be living in the same house. Wack!

And now for a well-baked (and slightly random) story. We often pass by this bakery on our way to a certain part of town. Fortunatly for me, I happen to have a very close relationship with bread, and decided one day to buy a bit. However, as I still wear the Gringo crown, it is at times difficult to fully follow the Spanish soaked conversations, so I occasionally just nod and repeat random words (it works stangely well). Well, I asked for a piece of 25 Peso bread, and she asked me a question that I didn't quite follow. So...I just sort of nodded and said the latter of the two options, not at all knowing what I was buying. ...It was perhaps one of the biggest and most beautiful boulders of bread I've ever seen in my life. Needless to say...well, I rejoiced a bit. :D

Elder Thibault and I have been focusing more on asking Inspired Questions, or rather, following the promptings of the Spirit and saying what the Investigator needs to hear. Such has had beautiful results, as the Spirit has been magnimoniously strong in our lessons, and we've been able to find out what they need to be taught. For example, we were teaching a Less-Active Member of the Church, and after asking an Inspired Question, we learned that the main reason he's not been at Church was because of the lack of support and fellowship he feels from the other Members. Needless to say, we set out to fix such. Miracles all around us!

And Ward Karoake Night! Can't foget that. Elder Thibault and I sang an inspiring ballad of "A Whole New World" from Aladdin (in Spanish, no less). And amigos, a notation for next week! If any of you would like letters from me (it's like the only way I can write replies; I've not a lot of time to email) please reply to this email with your home address. Woot!

Paz!
-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment